Monday 25 April 2011

I'm not going home!

A typical day at our home starts as soon as Levi screams "I want out". This is usually at 6am every day. We don't get a break or longer snooze on weekends and holidays. That's alright, I think!? Or is our little boy vengeful ,because we put him to bed early. We have come up with a routine for one another. We have a night routine, and in return he has a morning routine for us. I believe we have a democratic home.

Ben had his last exam today. We celebrated by getting a chair for our bedroom, grocery shopping and burgers on the bbq. One school year has gone by and 2 or more years to go. I'm so proud of him. I know it requires sacrifice and time but it will be worth it at the end. We must persevere as a family. Education is important.

Easter weekend was filled with laughter and wonderful company. We started by going to Cloe and Claire's 1st birthday party. Their mom had sent us an invitation saying "... and you know how Claire and Cloe just love Levi...". I thought that was cute. We did go, we had lots of fun. The girls did stare at Levi during lunch and had pictures taken with them and Levi did try to hit the Thinkerbell pinata. Claudia told us that the girls always giggle when they see my little boy. She swore she hasn't been encouraging this behavior but it makes sense, Levi is handsome.

Later we went to my in-laws for Ham dinner. We were 12. It was so nice to see Sara, Chris, the adorable William, Christy and Dustin, we don't see them often because they live out of town. Holding William, makes me reminisce about our Levi at his age. Time does go by fast. Levi needs a sibling.

The next day we were delighted to have roast beef at Grammy's. She's been telling us lately that she should pay us for gas, because we drive her around all the time. Ben was quick by saying " Just keep feeding us". We love and appreciate her meals but mostly her love and care. We know and have seen how Levi has a special place in her heart, by the way she talks to him and spoils him. Levi has toys at Grammy's. A typical visit at Grammy's  is; Levi finding his toy box, empty out the box, find and press every button in her house ( remote controls, phones, t.v, couch buttons, vcr), open drawers, take out the pots,  pull out books, pans ans bowls from shelves and my ultimate favourite shake Grammy's soda pops. I haven't asked her yet if any of her pops have blown up on her. We love our Grammy.

Today's event was going to the park in the morning while Ben was studying.
We walked to the nearest park. Once we were near, I let Levi walk to the swing. We played peek-a-boo, took lots of picture, and played in the dirt. He was a happy boy.
Once, I told him we were heading back home, he kept going the opposite way. He was heading back to the park. I'm sure he was thinking "I'm not going home,mom". I tried 3 times to guide him back home. He would not give in. He started screaming, which seems to be his favourite sound these days, he did discover he was echoing. This only motivated him to keep been loud. Fine by me, as long as we are outside, I didnt care. Out of this outing, I did get a bump on my head, for hitting a metal bar on the playground set, get wet from the rain and a cute dirty little boy to clean once we got home. How do you remove grass stains again???

No comments:

Post a Comment