Tuesday 3 May 2011

Cheese Please!

Rumors.
Rumors have been spreading about Levi. He has been accused of stealing other kids' snacks in nursery. Gramma Cole has been taking him to nursery because he is getting more difficult to have him sitting down for class. Cannot blame him, our services are 3 hours long and he does not understand yet what is going on. His agenda is to explore, talk to everyone, play, eat and sleep. The funny part in this is, that he is the first one to finish his snack and will steal cheese from the other kids. Cheese monster.

Independence.
Feeding Levi is a NO. Only because he wants to eat by himself. We have a shirt bib to help with the mess. Today's menu was Red River Cereal and a cup of milk for breakfast, followed by an egg salad sandwich, yogourt, banana and cheese for lunch and finished with Grammy's spaghetti with meat sauce and strawberries. He did eat all of those meals by himself. He is no more a baby but a little boy. I have to say that I had to bathe him after breakfast. His cereal was all over him and in his nose. He also took a bath after his lunch. I'm glad that he loves getting baths.

Victory.
Board games is part of my husband's family traditions. I was initiated, I was willing. I admit , I have not won many games but have tried to. I need to be reminded at times, that  they all have been playing games since they were little children. Once in a while, luck shines on me. Last night, we played Traders and Barbarians, part of the Settlers of Catan board game. Interesting game, it had a new twist on things. Besides collecting resources from the earth, you can also be fishermen and collect fish. Fishes gives you certain privileges. Its awesome. What is more awesome is that I won against the unbeatable Carolyn and Ben the game expert. Woohoo! I was giggling the majority of time because I could not believe I was actually winning. Of course when it got close to the end, I was picked on. Oh well, victory was mine.

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear lol thats soo fuuny the cheese stealer lol i love the bib shirt thats an awesome idea!! and him being so independent for eating on his own too is great that means you can eat too and not wait till he is done :) landon always fed himself since a very young age lol n i loved it lol

    ReplyDelete