Tuesday 12 April 2011

Attack of the Tissue Monster.

Levi has been sick for about three days. I don't blame anyone but I have suspects. Levi and I haven't gone outside much because of his fever, runny nose, lack of sleep and him being "super sucky".  I have been chasing Levi around the house to wipe his nose. I'm guilty, and if you've guessed right, I AM the TISSUE MONSTER. Levi hates it but it has to be done. His nose is running so much that sometimes it runs into his mouth and he licks it up.  Gross!  His nose quickly became red from wiping it so much and we found out that we were using the non-lotioned kleenex. Sorry Levi. A call for help to Grandma and Grandpa Cole and they came to his rescue and brought him some of the nice tissues. I have been converted to such invention, genius I say. Your nose does not become chapped or red. Lotion kleenex get some!
Even with all of these symptoms Levi still smiles and what's great about this is that he is very cuddly. In time of trials we must keep positive. Levi's trial at this moment is a cold , I feel sorry for my poor boy. He has even been crawling at times because he feels too weak to walk.

Life must go on. I was sorting our recycling to go out, Levi decided to help. I tipped over the bin, and he was in , taking cans and flyers out for me. Thanks Levi.


Yesterday, I felt like I was cooking all day. Ben was studying in our bedroom for his exam. Levi would lye down and peek underneath. He knew where his daddy was. 

Like I said, I was mostly in the kitchen. Did I ever make a mess! Thank goodness for dishwashers.
We started with breakfast burritos, so yummy. It includes: onions, peppers, eggs, cheese and sour cream on a tortilla shell. Delicious. 
For lunch, we had rotini with tomato sauce, peppers, onions, tomatoes and cheese. Yummy again. Then, I had a request for cinnamon buns. Seriously!?!?! I'm not a chef and I let Grammy Cole be the one to spoil us with making us such a treat.
I dared to try. Basically it's making buns with lots of sugar and cinnamon.
Horray!!! It was a successs. Delicious and sweet cinnamon buns. Our house filled with its aroma. My mouth is salivating just thinking about it. We ended with "Casamiento" ,it means marriage between black beans and rice , tortillas and let's not forget feta cheese.

While I was making all these meals, I had Levi play with his toys in the kitchen floor. It was the best way to keep an eye on him. Levi always makes noise when he does everything. So, it was silent for a few minutes. I didn't look right away but this is what I saw. He was on the floor with three tortilla shells he had grabbed from the table and he was eating one. Hungry, aren't we???
I decided , to let him be. Don't worry readers, it was a whole wheat tortilla shell. We are trying to be more healthy conscious about our eating habits.                                                                                            
Levi, is still sick. Ben, had a monstrous exam and our kitchen is a mess.  Life is wonderful.

 

1 comment:

  1. that tortilla looks very delicious :) oh levi lol boys will be boys :)

    ReplyDelete